How to Claim


The claims process is designed to provide maximum support with minimum fuss, thereby relieving your loved ones and family of the burden of making difficult decisions and dealing with the costs associated with a death abroad, at such a difficult time.


24/7 Assistance Hotline

Beneficiaries have access to a 24-hour multilingual hotline to provide practical assistance whenever they need it. You can be sure that all cases will be handled sensitively, taking care of all administrative, cultural and religious requirements, making the process as smooth and stress free as possible. This is the first step to making a claim – contacting the Assistance Hotline. Policyholders and beneficiaries will also be provided with an email contact address to use if desired.

Beneficiary Claim Form

After contacting the Assistance Hotline, the next step is to complete the Claims Form. This is a short 3-page document which can be completed fully electronically, or with pen & paper and scanned/photographed, and sent by email to the insurance company. You will be provided with a copy of the Claim Form when you purchase your policy so you can make sure that your beneficiaries are familiar with how to complete it. In the event of a claim, the staff at the Assistance Hotline will help with the completion of the form if needed. The Claim Form, along with a certified copy of the Death Certificate, can be emailed to the insurance company for immediate action.

Processing the claim

The progress of a claim can vary depending on the circumstances of individual cases, how quickly the insurance company receives the necessary information, and whether there are any complications. Your beneficiaries will be updated with the progress every step of the way.

When the claim has been accepted

Upon acceptance of a claim, the insurance company will initiate an immediate upfront payment equal to 10% of the total sum insured, paid to the beneficiary bank details provided on the Claim Form, and continue to provide practical assistance as the other administrative formalities are completed, followed by the remaining 90% being paid shortly after. Most cases are fully completed and paid within 90 days.

We strongly recommend keeping a copy of your policy documents in a safe place, as well as copies in other relevant places such as with a family member or attached to your Will at a lawyer’s office. Make sure that a copy of it can be found easily by your beneficiaries in the event of your death.


Please note that the telephone numbers listed here are specifically for claims and assistance from policyholders and beneficiaries only.

The specialist staff in these offices are unable to assist with matters such as purchasing a new policy or answering general questions about the policy from non-policyholders. Please only use these numbers if you are a policyholder or beneficiary and need to make a claim or would like assistance. For all other, non-claims-related enquiries, please contact us through this website.

Please note that the telephone numbers listed here are specifically for claims and assistance from policyholders and beneficiaries only. (This repeated sentence is intentional).


Claims: +55 (0) 21 3500 2751

Assistance: +55 (0) 21 3500 8882

China (Hong Kong)

Claims: +852 (0) 5819 4888

Assistance: +852 (0) 5819 0028


Claims: +971 (0) 4319 7682

Assistance: +971 (0) 4319 7682


Claims: +62 (0) 21 515 7681

Assistance: +62 (0) 21 515 7680

South Africa

Claims: + 27 (0) 87 5518 359

Assistance: +27 (0) 87 5502 426


Claims: +34 (0) 91 1231 189

Assistance: +34 (0) 91 1984 206


Claims: +66 (0) 2105 4285

Assistance: +66 (0) 2105 4284

United Kingdom

Claims: +44 (0) 20 3129 5004

Assistance: +44 (0) 20 3129 1544

United States

Claims: +1 (0) 646 448 0331

Assistance: +1 (0) 347 875 3156


In addition to the telephone numbers listed above, policyholders will also be provided with email contact details for the insurance company along with the policy documents shortly after purchasing the insurance.